Saturday 23 August 2014

Book Review: Paper Towns by John Green






I am a John Green freak. I know that saying that probably puts me in the 'hipster-y fan-girl' category.

This is not what i am. This isn't why i like these books. Not because they're cliche, teen books, easy to quote or because they're popular.

I like them, BECAUSE THEY ARE SMART. Most books for teens are dumb-ed down. Things like that piss me off. I may be a teen but i am anything but stupid, especially when it comes to language. He uses words like 'Cacophony' and he shows real life situations, not 'omg, i don't have a date for prom'.

Most of his characters are normally men looking at women, this situation is no diffrent. We have a common boy, who loves a smart, crazy and amazing girl. She is said to be pretty and such, but also smart and unique. 

He gives us qoutes, bands, poems and general wonder in all his books.

This one uses such things to show a bigger meaning, to give us an all round view of the wonderful female character.

Its a book about Love and yest its not, its a book about adventure but its not, its a book about life choices and our paths. 

It's amazing. 

This is a book for teens of all genders and backgrounds and , its not only a book, a bible for the 'teen life crisis' that some of us go through (me).

Its just..... Read it!!

“That's always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people want to be around someone because they're pretty. It's like picking your breakfast cereals based on color instead of taste.”
John green, Paper Towns

-Lia XX

No comments:

Post a Comment